Thursday, December 14, 2006

 

Don't leave

This is the last thing I ever expected to happen.

I was planning on a party. A getaway. A break. A vacation.

I wasn't expecting this kind of emotional mindfuck.

I wasn't expecting to fall so hard, so quickly.

Is this how addicts feel the first time? Drawn, compelled, overwhelmed.

This was just supposed to be a holiday. Just like all the other holidays I've ever taken. Relax a little. Maybe swim. Drink. Eat. Sleep. No stress. No Drama. No complications. No chance.

My mellow hiatus was not to be.

I don't remember how we met exactly. There was 36 hour drug binge and when I came to she was there.

And she was close.

And even though I couldn't remember all the details I knew why she was there. She was there for me.

She was mine and I was hers.

The question was, who was she?

As I stared down at her face I started to cry. No trinkle of tears mind, but rather a torrent. Was this pain? Joy? Who could tell?

She was Maria. And I loved her.

Body and soul.

I remember her first words to me as she awoke, "Don't leave".


So I didn't.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?