Saturday, October 20, 2007

 

Hungry

“you should write a blog about your undying love for me”

You said it in jest. But it got me thinking. About love. About you. About me.

I think I know how you would want to be loved.

You would want me to love you like the world is ending. Undying love, as it were.

Well the world isn’t ending. At least not in our foreseeable future. And all love dies. Eventually.

If there’s no-one to love or be loved, then there can be no love.

But this says nothing about you and I.

Me and you.

You.

You are amazing and I feel honored to know you.

I do love you. But I don’t think it’s in the way you imagine it in your head. The romantic fantasy is a difficult beast to kill. It’s right up there with Jesus and ghosts in the bullshit theories that have no basis in reality category.

Don’t get me wrong. Love is real. But the Hallmark version of love that grips this western capitalist society of ours is bullshit.

Love is the basis of all our deepest and most valued relationships.

My relationship with you is something I value. I think more than I could ever possibly describe in words.


I love you, in a way that suits me just fine. So there.


Comments:
I don't even remember saying that.
 
I remember.

That's the important part.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?